Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Day of Temple Gardening and Fake Engagements

For a service project some people from my ward trekked over to temple square to help plant bulbs (or so we were told).

Upon arriving we were assigned to demolition duty, which turned out to be possibly more fun than the planting. We pulled out all of the old flowers and turned the soil so that it would be ready for new plants.

As we turned the soil, we found many little critters...such as my friend Renoldo pictured below.

Don't worry, I didn't actually eat him. I doubt it's appropriate to eat other living creatures so close to the Temple.

After the delightful gardening, Heather, Rachelle, and I headed over to a bridal fair in Provo. Naturally we all wore fake diamond rings and pretended to be engaged. It was a rather humorous experience to say the least. Rachelle now has a website dedicated to her "wedding" with her "fiance" and I am entered to win a free honeymoon.

We sampled several delicious cakes and cupcakes and received many pamphlets on decorations and jewelry and photography so we are all pretty much set to jet (minus the fiances). We also made a neat discovery that apparently photo booths are all the rage at receptions these days (and I must say that I am a fan). We did a practice run in case any of us decide to have one at our wedding.

I think they turned out rather well, considering we were all fake brides.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

What a day!

I love you and miss you... MOM