Saturday, August 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!

For my Dad's birthday I decided to make him his favorite cake: carrot cake. I figured this would be a simple enough task, having baked many a cake in my lifetime. I got all the ingredients and began the process of mixing them together. When it came time to finely chop the carrots, I decided I would use the food processor because that's what I had always seen my mom do when she made carrot cake. I had never used the food processor before, but how hard could it be right? Wrong. It took both me and Megan struggling to get it put together for about half an hour before we realized that we were trying to force it on backwards. Once we figured that out, the carrots were chopped in like a second.

Then it was time to add the crushed pineapple, except it turned out that I had actually purchased sliced pineapple, so it was actually just cut into rings. So I figured I'd just pop that in the food processor and it would do the job. This led to me of course having to strain the pineapple, but eventually it all seemed to work out.


The cake turned out quite beautiful if I do say so myself.

It tasted pretty good too.

No comments: