I have now made spanish tortilla 3 times. I use the term 'made' here rather loosely as it generally denotes success. In truth I have only succeeded once in truly making a delicious spanish tortilla, my first attempt, with my mother. Kami and I have tried twice in the last 2 weeks and both times something went horribly wrong.
Our first attempt we followed the recipe exactly: 5 medium potatoes, 5 eggs, 1 onion, some salt...or so we thought. Turns out that the potatoes we selected must have been extra extra large, because the tortilla turned out to be basically just potatoes with a hint of egg. Needless to say, it was a little dry, but not horrible.
Our second attempt was last night. Everything was going so smoothly; we had a good ratio of egg to potato with 4 potatoes and 7 eggs. This was going to be a giant and delicious spanish tortilla. That is, until it came time to flip it. We did not have a plate large enough to flip the tortilla onto, so we decided to use a cutting board. This proved detrimental as when we went to flip it, the whole tortilla slid right out into the sink, which was full of dirty dishes.
Seconds later, I was on the floor and Kami was bent over the sink, both of us laughing/crying. We finally pulled ourselves together and managed to salvage some of the tortilla. We put parts of it back in the pan and continued to cook it, but by then it was just a small mess of eggs, potatoes, and onions. Basically the biggest fail of my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so sorry Jessie...that sounds so sad. I hope you will be successful soon. Also you should make me a spanish tortilla soon because they are so delicious.
I bet that was funny to see... sorry you missed out on a delicious treat! I just saw a special pan for flipping... perhaps we should put it on your Christmas list.
I love you and miss you... dreaming of seeing you soon.
Post a Comment