Next up in the list of delicious foods I've recently discovered I can make myself was split pea soup. When I came home from classes today I had every intention of reliving the german pancakes of last week, but when I opened the cookbook my mother made me, the first page was split pea soup. I read the ingredients and discovered that I had them all, so I set out trying to make it. Several phone calls to my mother later I found that I had a decent soup simmering on the stove. The only problem was that it was much more runny than the soup my mom makes at home. I called her again and discovered that I should have left the top off of the pot while it simmered for 2 hours so that the water could evaporate. I simply let the soup continue to simmer for another hour with the top off and the soup turned into a marvelous consistensy. The photo obviously does not do the taste justice.
Monday, October 12, 2009
Deliciousness
So the other day I was asked to bring the salad to a dinner with some friends. At the store I was pondering what to put in the salad in addition to strawberries when Kristin suggested I use mangoes. There could not have proved to be a better combination. I topped it off with some cranberry vinaigrette dressing and if I do say so myself it turned out rather well.

Next up in the list of delicious foods I've recently discovered I can make myself was split pea soup. When I came home from classes today I had every intention of reliving the german pancakes of last week, but when I opened the cookbook my mother made me, the first page was split pea soup. I read the ingredients and discovered that I had them all, so I set out trying to make it. Several phone calls to my mother later I found that I had a decent soup simmering on the stove. The only problem was that it was much more runny than the soup my mom makes at home. I called her again and discovered that I should have left the top off of the pot while it simmered for 2 hours so that the water could evaporate. I simply let the soup continue to simmer for another hour with the top off and the soup turned into a marvelous consistensy. The photo obviously does not do the taste justice.
I promise it was good. Plus, it made enough for me to eat for just about the rest of the semester.
Next up in the list of delicious foods I've recently discovered I can make myself was split pea soup. When I came home from classes today I had every intention of reliving the german pancakes of last week, but when I opened the cookbook my mother made me, the first page was split pea soup. I read the ingredients and discovered that I had them all, so I set out trying to make it. Several phone calls to my mother later I found that I had a decent soup simmering on the stove. The only problem was that it was much more runny than the soup my mom makes at home. I called her again and discovered that I should have left the top off of the pot while it simmered for 2 hours so that the water could evaporate. I simply let the soup continue to simmer for another hour with the top off and the soup turned into a marvelous consistensy. The photo obviously does not do the taste justice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You are becoming quite the cook... you make your mother proud!
DIDO!!! Both concoctions were BRILLIANT. Tantalizingly delectable. Thanks for sharing such divinity with me.
the split pea soup looks good.from Emily.
Post a Comment