Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Oil Painting

At last, after many long hours I have finished my oil painting. Here is a rough outline of the journey it went through.

The sketch:

Somewhere in the middle. I thought I was almost done at the time, but there is a rather drastic difference between this and the finished product:

Fin:

While far from perfect still, I figured this was about as good as it was going to get. I will say that I am terribly proud of the two bottles on the right. I probably spent about 3 hours painting them alone. A little tip for anyone who decides to paint bottles...don't use transparent ones when you are starting out! They may look beautiful, but they are much more difficult to paint.

4 comments:

Jessica and Trent said...

AMAZING!!! and i've been meaning to get back to you about hanging out! i will let you know..promise!

Melissa said...

I love the monochromatic colors! I am excited to give oils a try with you when you get home!

Melanie said...

Just amazing Miss Jessica!!!

Megan said...

sooooooooo good!!!