HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY MEGAN!!!!! I hope it was great. The party sounded really fun!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, this was a father funny week.
First off, last wed. Hno Pope decided it would be a good idea for us to go on "splits" but naturally this meant that Hna C and I each had to teach with an elder (in the same room...no worries...haha). I taught with Elder Daines, who is the most long winded of the elders in my district. Just before teaching he had asked what we should say about the Fall of adam and eve, and I reminded him we were teaching the first lesson so we didn't need to even mention it. I thought we were on the same page, but we started teaching and established how God loves us and whatnot and then Elder Daines went straight into talking about the fall. haha. It was rather funny to me. Luckily we managed to somehow bring it back around to the atonement and restoration, but it was still funny. Afterwards he was like, I'm sooo sorry! I forgot. hahaha.
In Rachel Boody's package to me last week was a bag of peachie-o's. Awesome right? So I ate them and then threw the bag away. no big deal. Wrong. Elder Rowan found the bag in the trash (who knows how) and had an actual fit over his not having gotten to eat any of them. It culminated in Elder Armstrong slow-motion throwing a chair around the room while Elder Rowan told me how unacceptable and selfish that was of me. It was pretty funny. (because these sorts of things happen quite a bit -- slow motion tantrums over pointless things...very funny).
One day during class Hno Pope spent an hour telling us about how he killed a bear. You may be wondering how this came up. Easy. We now have a question box and any question is acceptable. So since we knew that Hno Pope loved to hunt, Hna C and I asked if he had any deer head hanging in his house. This led to him saying that he had the skull of a bear hanging in his room because he killed a bear the other day. Naturally we needed a further explanation because he said it like it was no big deal. It was a pretty funny story that involved him eating porcupine and killing a bear in alaska (the bear they named Norm because he said the stormed it like Normandy). It was pretty funny. This story will come back into play later in the week.
That evening Hna C got a package from her mom with TACO BELL in it. Yes. It was a great night. Everyone was going crazy in the cafeteria.
On a more spiritual note, this week we learned a lot about the spirit and how seeking it does not mean just praying for it, but we have to really be willing to change our plans on account of the spirit. It was cool to realize that and see how applicable that is.
Oh, random thing, but I ran into my pal Stephanie Lacey one day. I was walking back from the RC and there we was walking across teh sidewalk on her way to volunteer at the TRC. So random, but way fun to see her. She has a mission call to Ukraine (the mission that split off of greg's)
We had a bunch of subs this week beacuse Hno Ah Sue was on a cruise with his fam. Hno Dallon was one of them. He is super enthusiastic about life and spent his high school years on the debate team. He gave a very passionate lesson about how to work with members. Some of his points were incredibly valid. He said taht the best way to do missionary work as a member is not to preach teh gospel, but just to be people's genuine friends and answer their questions as they arise and then when they start asking lots of questions, refer them to the full time missionaries who will teach them. He also talked a lot about how to effectively work with the bishop and ward. It was way helpful info.
We had a good talk in Relief Society this week about going forwards with faith like the pioneers. We need to set our broom aside and walk out the door into the unknown knowing that God has a plan for us and will help us along the way.
Now for the super funny stuff. So Monday, in addition to being Megan's birthday, it was Hno Pope's birthday. We found this out through a secret source and then made some big plans. Hna C and I decided we should make a pinata in the shape of a deer because hno pope loves to hunt so much. We put this plan into action sunday night after the fireside was over. Unfortunately we did not have flour to paper mache a pinata, so we made it out of paper and taped it together. Hna C had tons of candy, so we put it in a bag and wrapped paper around it and I drew a face on it. Hna C whipped out some wicked antlers out of cardboard and paper, which we attached. Then we decided to take it one step further and make a body out of a box she had. We got totally out of hand and decided to pop popcorn and put it inside the box with twinkies and nuts and all the random food we didn't want. Then we made a tail and put a target on the front.
We weren't sure how Hno pope would take this because he is so strictly business all the time. But He came into class and just laughed. he thought it was sooooo funny. Then after taking some pictures with it (which I will send next week) he pulled out a knife (apparently he carries one on him) and cut open the box. We warned him not to smash it because of teh popcorn, haha. Then he cut open the head too (explaining how he would do it if it were a real deer....he really likes hunting). Then he put the head on as if it were a mask. So funny. Basically it was a good time.
So that's my week in a nutshell.
Mom - that's way funny that you saw a bear. I want to hear more details about camp!!!!!
Dad - congrats on being released. Let me know what you get called to next.
Greg - you should write me sometime.
Megan - happy bday again! Your party sounded so fun! I wish i had been there! And the concert sounded way fun too~
Matthew - thanks for the email! Have fun at EFY!!!!!
Emily - I love you! I hope you are having a super fun summer!!!!!
love,
Hna Livingston
No comments:
Post a Comment