Well, another transfer has ended. Transfer meeting isn't until tomorrow though, so who knows what will happen. Probably not too much.
For some reason I am having a hard time remembering what even happened this week. It all just blurs together, so if I write about something that you already know about, sorry. I didn't bring my old planner to check.
So at the battalion we have been having people come and sing and stuff in the theater during december (like what they do in DC but on a much lower scale). On Wed someone was scheduled to play the guitar and sing. It said "guitar soloist." so I was expecting Kevin JOnas or something. Turned out it was an 80 year old man. And he played and sang for 1/2 hours straight. wow. haha. It was pretty bad. I think the directors were kind of horrified. hahaha. he forgot the lyrics sometimes in the middle of the song too. But he was a nice old man and he was really enjoying it. It worked out though because only about 4 people came to see him (his friends) so mostly just all of us sisters were watching. I wasn't able to see it all though because .... ADAM AND MARTHA CAME!!!! yay.
So Hna D and I gave them a tour and it was GREAT! Adam was crying by the end...of course. He is such a softie. I sent mom the picture of us with them, so maybe you all saw it already, but that's what they look like if you were wondering. We still haven't managed to teach them the law of chastity yet because other than that we only saw them once this week and we were late and in a huge hurry so there just wasn't time. THey gave us tamales though. haha. He is always giving us food.
We taught the Tapia family a few times this week, well mostly just the 15 year old, Jazmin. But she came to activities on Wed and loved it and even brought a friend. We invited her to get baptized and she agreed, but then didn't come to church, so we'll have to change the date. It worked out ok though, because it was stake conference and it was really missionary focused, so next week will be better for her first week. But she is awesome and she invited another friend to come to activities this week. I just hope the ward will step up and take her in.
I talked to Magdalena this week. Just on the phone, but we haven't seen her in forever bcause they moved. They are planning on heading back to mexico on dec 16 or so. SHe and th boys are staying with her other son until then. We are going to try to see them this week though, so that will be nice. She is just awesome. She is going to bring the gospel to so many people in mexico. Everything will just work out perfectly.
Good news: we found Daniel and Cleo again! You may remember them from back in august. They are doing great. We watched how rare a posession with them yesterday and Daniel really liked it and wants to understand the BoM better he says. so that's cool. He's a funny guy though.
SO we had an amazing experience at the temple on Friday. Hna D and I were serving there (just outside talking to people). The temple workers came out and motioned for us to come over...aka someone had snuck past us. We went over and started talking to the woman (she was wearing a skirt and looked like she was just heading in to do a session, hence why we missed her). She introduced herself as Dr. Neera and said that she had felt called to come here. SHe was on her way to the airport to pick up her friend and she felt she needed to come. SHe said she didn't know why she was here so asked us to tell her. We told her what church we were from and everything and somehow started talking about the BoM. I said that it was a record of the ancient inhabitants of the americas, the ancestors of the native americans. She looked at me really intently and was like, the native americans have something to do with this? I thought I had offended her and said, well the people living on this continent, and she said she needed to sit down.
She sat down and said that God has been telling her for some time that the truth is somehow connected with the native americans but she couldn't figure out how. She said that this was the missing link. She asked to know more about the bom. She said she had 20 minutes and to tell her everything. I ran to get her a copy from the car...but we only had spanish ones, so I went inside and asked the people at the desk and they gave me one. I gave it to her and she immediately started reading the intro. SHe kept gasping. It was crazy. I explained about the nephites and lamanites and how the nephites saw christ and she just kept gasping.
Then she flipped through the book and saw Alma, and she was like THERE'S A BOOK OF ALMA!?!?!! and we said yes. And she said something about having been thinking about that word. She started reading the first chapter...about corruption in the church and whatnot. I was kind of worried, but she read out loud verses 16 and 19 i think. The first about there being corruption in the church (she had just been talking about corruption in the cathoilc church) and the second about the true believers being persecuted (she had been saying that the mormons were the most hated of all religions in the us). It was pretty amazing.
It was crazy. So she gave us her info and we gave her ours. She is from Houston. I mentioned living in college station and she was like oh my gosh....I guess that she had had a recent conversation in which both mormons and aggies were mentioned, so she felt like this was an important connection. She mentioned agin how the native americans were persecuted by those who claimed to be christian, and I told her that that was prophesied in the bom and she was way excited. It was amazing. Then she had to leave, but first she asked if she could hug me. haha. Of course I let her. But it was a way awesome experience. SOme people are just ready. And it's interesting...she was hindu, how random that she would be searching in the truth through Christ, but she was. I hope that the elder in my MTC district in houston gets the referral. haha.
Well, I think that's about it for this week. THings are going great here. I hope they are awesome at home. I hope that Emily had an AMAZING birthday!!!!! I heard her party was fun.
I love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
love
hna livingston
No comments:
Post a Comment