St. Patrick's Day is one of my favorite of the lesser holidays. Mostly just because I get to wear green. Unfortunately, I don't have my green pants here with me in Spain, so I had to settle for a green vest, but no worries, the day was still excellent.
One of the girls in the group is engaged, so we had been planning forever a surprise St. Patrick's Day bridal shower. I had been hoping it would be like the scene in Made of Honor when they run through Ireland selling her kisses, but instead we opted for a more conservative party at the Brown's house. It was still really fun though. Jenna was very surprised and seemed to really enjoy the party. We ate good food, made toilet paper wedding dresses, rewrote Jenna's first kiss, and gave her a gift from all of us girls.
After the bridal shower a few of us headed out to hit up the town. Since it was St. Patrick's Day, we went to an Irish pub that is close to some of the girls apartments. We played foosball and made friends with some Spaniards who were definitely intrigued by our not drinking. They said that most people who come from the states just drink and drink because the drinking age is lower. By the end of the night the pub was so packed that you could hardly move and leaving posed quite the challenge. After fighting our way out, I went to wait for my bus and Sandy, who lives right by my stop, came with me so I wouldn't be alone.
The bus schedule said that it would come at 1:30, so we had about 30 minutes to wait. We grabbed some fries at Ali Baba Kebab, which seems to be open almost 24 hours, and waited. At 1:45ish we started to wonder if the bus was ever going to come. Upon closer inspection Sandy discovered that in the fine print it said that the bus stopped coming at 12 on Mon-Wed. This was quite the pickle I was in because walking 20ish minutes at night by myself didn't seem like the best option. Luckily, a taxi happened drop someone off close by and so I was able to take a taxi home, which proved to be much faster than the bus. I had forgotten how much time it adds when you drive in a super roundabout way making hundreds of stops on the way home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment