Saturday, October 24, 2009
A Tea Party For Heather
For Heather's birthday some friends and I teamed up to throw her a surprise tea party. Here I am with the lovely birthday girl (and some rather attractive tea pots I managed to find at D.I.):
For the menu we had a variety of sandwiches (egg salad, chicken salad, and cucumber with cream cheese), deviled eggs, no bake cookies (shaped like hearts), cheesecake squares, scones, and a variety of juices (served in the tea pots).
In the last hour before the party I found myself peeling 18 hard boiled eggs as fast as I could, then smashing the yokes for deviled eggs and smashing the rest of the eggs for the egg salad sandwiches. Then I was running around putting together all the sandwiches as fast as I could while Stephanie was frying scones and Rachelle was bringing over Heather. But it all worked out in the end, and if I may say so myself, everything was delicious.
Here are most of our lovely attendees, with the birthday girl front and center of course:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So cute! I love your dress!
you're the hostess with the mostess!
I wish the blog had a video of you shelling and smashing the eggs in preparation for the party!
Update your freaking blog, Jessie. It's been weeks. I can't take it.
Post a Comment