This weekend we headed over to Toledo with the whole group. On our way over we stopped off at a palace. The funny thing about this palace, is that it was merely used as a summer home, so it is rather small palace. Still, we could have fit the white house in it a few times over.

The gardens were really beautiful, though they would probably be even prettier in the springtime. Here I am in front of yet another fabulous fountain:

Me and Lara in the gardens:

Most of the girls in the garden:

After the palace and gardens we got back on the bus and continued on our way to Toledo. About an hour later we stopped at a lookout point so that we could get a good view of the whole city. It was amazing. The view was absolutely breathtaking.



Once we were actually in Toledo we all went to the Cathedral together. Unfortunately you couldn't take pictures inside, but it was beautiful and enormous. It had a lot of paintings by El Greco in it, which was exciting. Here's Lara, me, and Kim in front of the Cathedral:

All of the streets in Toledo are really narrow. This does not stop cars from whizzing up and down them without regard to pedestrians. We spent many a time smashed up against a wall trying to avoid being taken out by the side of a car. But the streets are still fabulous.

All of Toledo is built on a big hill, so wherever you go you either walk up or down a steep hill. This makes for lots of good views of the city though.



The city also has a river that runs around most of it, so there are cliffs and bridges going across. Here I am in front of an awesome castle. The edge that I am standing on actually drops off down a steep edge. Awesome.

Toledo is famous for making swords and daggers. It is actually where all of the swords were made for the Lord of the Rings movies. I got Matthew this sweet little mini sword (I figure he can use it as a letter opener):

Here's Mark stabbing me on the edge of a cliff with none other than Robin Hood's dagger:

Another great view:

Basically, Toledo was awesome. Mostly it was just fun to walk through the city. Our director told us to 'get lost in Toledo' and we certainly did that, though the interesting thing was I never felt lost, even when we had no clue where we were. I was too busy just looking around at the fabulous cobblestone streets and amazing buildings and views.
3 comments:
What a beautiful place... I am so happy for you!
Love you... MOM
I always have wanted a letter opener!!
tommy would really love toledo seeing as how he collects sharp objects
Post a Comment