That summary in no way makes the movie sound enjoyable, but it was. Partially just because Spanish people can be so funny in their conversations together. My favorite part though definitely was when the woman attended a flamenco show put on by her housekeeper's son. It was a very over the top and sensual dance done between the mother and son. I was practically falling out of my chair with laughter.
Monday, November 9, 2009
The International Cinema Strikes Again
I generally go and see the Spanish films that play in the international cinema, and I must say that this one was a real hit for me. It's about a woman who writes flowery romance novels under an alias name, but her life has become a mess. Her husband is having an affair with her best friend (though she doesn't know about it for awhile), and she is struggling to come up with new books that meet the happy requirements her contract calls for.
That summary in no way makes the movie sound enjoyable, but it was. Partially just because Spanish people can be so funny in their conversations together. My favorite part though definitely was when the woman attended a flamenco show put on by her housekeeper's son. It was a very over the top and sensual dance done between the mother and son. I was practically falling out of my chair with laughter.
That summary in no way makes the movie sound enjoyable, but it was. Partially just because Spanish people can be so funny in their conversations together. My favorite part though definitely was when the woman attended a flamenco show put on by her housekeeper's son. It was a very over the top and sensual dance done between the mother and son. I was practically falling out of my chair with laughter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment