Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Brittany's Bridal Shower

On Saturday some girls from my freshman year got together to throw a bridal shower for our friend Brittany. I contributed these lovely baked goods in the glass pans (I can't take credit for the muffins). Due to a high demand for the recipes, I will include them here.

S'mores Bars
1. Line a 13 x 9 in pan with graham crackers (you don't have to break them up or anything), oh, first though, you should grease the pan (otherwise they are disastrous to serve)
2. Make a brownie mix, or make them from scratch, whatever floats your boat, then pour the mix over the graham crackers.
3. Follow the directions for baking the brownies, but take them out 5 minutes early.
4. Cover the top with marshmallows and chocol
ate chips.
5. Put them back in the oven for the last 5 minutes.
6. Eat them.

For this other recipe I don't really know what the name is, so I just call them chocolatey coconuty squares, or something like that.
LAYER 1
Combine:
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup coconut
1/2 ground pecans (I always leave this out,
but you can add them if you want)
- set aside

melt:
1 stick butter
1/4 cup sugar
5 Tablespoons cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 egg (beaten)

combine the two mixtures and press into 9 x 13 pan.

LAYER 2
combine:
2 c powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons vanilla pudding mix
1 stick soft butter
3 Tablespoons milk
- spread on top of layer one, chill

LAYER 3
melt:
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
2 ounces semisweet chocolate
1 Tablespoon butter
(I'll be honest, I cheated here and just melted
semisweet chocolate chips because I didn't have unsweetened chocolate)
- spread on top of other layers and cut into squares.
- Eat and possibly cry because it's so delicious.

Now, back to the party. Here are some chicas dishing up the goods. There was stuff to make little sandwiches, fruit to dip in chocolate, muffins, and the items I just discussed. Basically, everything was delicious.

Here is the throne that Heather and Rachelle decorated for Brittany.


And here is Brittany sitting in the throne:

Heather and I just loving life:

Since it was a bridal shower, we naturally had to make dresses out of toilet paper. I participated in creating the one on the left. We even created a pregnant belly to complete our "shotgun vegas wedding" look.

Brittany's fiance joined us on video answering some questions about him and Brittany. She was asked the same questions first and for every answer she missed she had to chew a piece of bubble gum.

Presents. What can I say, it was a bridal shower. There were some great gifts. Here she is opening the gift from Kristin, Kelsey, and I.

Here I am with the bride to be! I'm so happy for her. She will make an awesome bride and wife. Clay should feel very lucky to get her all to himself.


Happy marriage Brittany!!

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Jessie, this is so awesome. Too bad I look high in most/all of the photos, haha. :) Thank you for such a wonderful shower! It was one of the highlights of my life. Seriously. I love you so much!

Melissa said...

what a party! you are the hostess with the mostess...

T said...

Smore's bars and artery clogging here we come!