Saturday, March 13, 2010

Dead Poets Society

I don't know why I had never seen this movie until now. My sister, Megan, recommended it to me as one she thought I would like. Well, she certainly knows me well. This movie may have just climbed into my top 5 list. It made me realize how lucky I am that my parents support me in whatever whim I currently have my heart set on.


“I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately, I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die discover that I had not lived.”

- Henry David Thoreau

2 comments:

Alicia said...

This is one of my favorite movies!

One of my favorite scenes is when Robin Williams explains how many of us automatically blend in with the crowds (the marching in the courtyard), but since we are all unique we can have our own "walk".

Carpe Diem!

Alisha said...

All of a sudden I feel a lot older than you, even though I'm not old...yet. Dead Poets Society is a classic and I'm glad you got to see it!