Saturday, April 6, 2013

Russian Ballet

Last night I saw the ballet Swan Lake at The Hermitage Theater in St. Petersburg, Russia. WHAT? I know, I can hardly believe it myself. 

The front of the Hermitage Theater with Atlas holding up the ceiling:


Here I am in the theater after we managed to prove that we were residents of St. Petersburg, not just tourists so that we didn't have to pay more money to get in:


The theater is quite small, which makes for excellent seating options.


Our whole group:


The ceiling, with it's lovely chandelier: 


Samantha, me, Paige, Reagan, and Megan with some tourists from Canada behind us:


Here are a few shots I managed to sneak thanks to my iphone. Mostly I wanted Emily to be able to get a little taste of ballet in Russia.

The royal ball:


The Spanish flamenco dancers, of course:


The prince leaping through the air:


The black swan dancing for the prince:


The black swan dancing with the prince:


The swans:


The evil sorcerer with the swans:



The evil sorcerer carrying away the swan princess:


The white swan and the prince:


The final bow:


I loved it! Here I am after the show:


The seats in the theater:


Gorgeous. Anastasia probably sat here.


The Hermitage as we left:


I love St. Petersburg!


Even if it snows...


in April.



My Christmas boots:


At least snow is pretty when it falls around The Hermitage.


2 comments:

Melissa said...

what a fabulous opportunity!!!! so lovely!

Bark said...

You are so cultured!!