Saturday, March 6, 2010

Por Fin

Well, the wait is finally over. On Wednesday March 3, 2010 I received my mission call. I am going to the California San Diego Mission. Wait, there's more, I will also be serving at the Mormon Battalion Historic Site. But wait, there is still more. I will be speaking Spanish.

I was rather surprised, to say the least, seeing as how I had never even heard of that mission. But not to worry, I was very excited. So excited that I may have shed a tear or two (hence why I look not my greatest in this photo, which was taken as I announced my call to my roommates Kristin and Kelsey).

Turns out this call will probably be perfect for me, as I already have some experience with tour giving under my belt. Also, I happen to love Spanish maybe even more than English. Oh, and if you didn't know, I despise being too hot or too cold, so I couldn't really ask for better weather. Especially since I will be wearing skirts all the time, which never really enhances the weather.

I will be leaving on May 26 and be gone for 18 months. Though I am nearly distraught that I won't be at BYU to experience Megan's freshman year with her, I figure she will be more than fine on her own.

Well, look out San Diego, here I come! (that is, as soon as I get through this semester)

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Woohoo Sister Liv!

emily said...

Do you like the package that we sent you? Love,Emily

Brittany said...

Congrats Jessie! Oh my goodness I am so excited for you! You will have a blast. :)

T said...

I shed more than one tear of excitement for you when I read this! San Diego seems the perfect fit for you and it makes me shout "Ole!" to find out you will be speaking Spanish.

Alisha said...

When you're mom told me at church on Sunday I was shocked. I had no idea a mission was in your plans. Well, I do believe you'll make a great missionary...you know with all that spanish touring experience and all. I can't wait to congratulate you in person. Fun times!

Alicia said...

Huzzah!!! You will be one fantastic missionary, girl! It makes me want to visit the Mormon Battalion Historic Site just to watch you in action. Hmmm...not a bad idea. :)