Maslenita, or Blini Week, continued with Sveta taking us to two different parks. The first park was Miracle Island in Victory Park. It is a small amusement park, like a mini Disneyland.
Here is the group with the Wizard of Oz trio:
Me and Yoda:
A firefighter ride:
One of the firefighters I met there:
A three-headed dragon under a roller coaster:
Sveta, our adorable coordinator:
The group with the Maslenitsa doll behind us:
We started a dance party that many Russians joined.
It was so much fun!
Here is one of the men who joined us. He had some serious moves!
The group with our new friend:
There was a "wild west" section of the park, so obviously I had to snap a photo with the covered wagon. Maybe they've heard of the Mormon Battalion in Russia?
A Russian cowboy.
After our fun experience at Miracle Island, we headed over a bridge and onto an actual island. There were tons of people cross country skiing on the island. Gotta love it.
There were these adorable little bird houses all over.
This is probably one of my favorite things I have seen so far. The Kiss by Klimt as a statue on a random island in St. Petersburg. Who would have known? But isn't it incredible?
We are just as graceful as these dancers:
Stunning.
The palace of the mother of Alexander I:
I can't wait to come back to this island in the spring, though I may have to come back once before then to ice skate. This is just like how I imagined the ice skating scene in Anna Karenina. A large outdoor rink surrounded by snow:
Apparently Christmas lives on in St. Petersburg until the snow and ice melt.
1 comment:
What fun! I love all the dancing going on, perfect for you! So glad you are having such an awesome experience. Thanks for posting the pics and videos. Love it!
Post a Comment