This has to be one of the most beautiful sights there is to see. The straight lines of the frozen canal contrasting with the whimsical onion domes. I just can't get enough of this church.
Me, Megan, and Samantha on the bridge by the church:
There were some classy old fashioned looking people hanging around for photo-ops.
Me and Spilled Blood from the side. Aren't the colors incredible?
This is the front of the church:
We decided to try our luck with our student cards, and lucky we did because we got in for free! The interior was incredible. The colors are stunning and the images inspiring, but the most incredible thing about the church is that the entire interior is covered in mosaics.
The mosaics depict different scenes from Christ's life. Here is one kind of up close. The detail is amazing - shadowing in the faces and the folds in the fabric, but as I said - all mosaics.
The center dome contains this beautiful image of Christ:
The iconostasis is unique because they are usually made of wood, but this one is marble. It is gorgeous.
Here I am in the church:
Loved it!
So happy to live in St. Petersburg!
2 comments:
That is AMAZINGLY beautiful!!!!! I'm glad your loving it although I can't even express how much I miss you and playing just dance with you!
The interior is so amazing!!!! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment