Finally after weeks for practice, the night of the Spectacle has arrived! Spectacle is what the Russians call the end of the semester performance that the kids put on. We have been working for months preparing a script, teaching the kids their lines, making costumes and practicing songs. I am not lying when I say I am glad it is finally over. But I am also not lying when I say I thoroughly enjoyed watching the kids perform. Here are some photos from the evening.
Rostik, Ilya, and me:
Me, Ulya, and Polina:
The Basic Reading class carried most of the plot. They were campers going on a bear hunt, setting up a tent, and making s'mores. Don't they look the part? I was so excited when they all showed up with backpacks and hats on!
Mosha and I:
Ulya and Nika:
Nikita. He was a fly in the performance. A very strong fly it would appear.
My little spiders. Sabina, Lonya, and Ildar:
Sasha. He was a spider but he forgot to wear black.
Sonya, one of our little bumblebees:
The performance went really well. I don't have any pictures from it because I was up front showing all of the kids where to go and what to say. But the kids were adorable. We only had two small breakdowns during the performance and none of the basic reading kids tripped when they were chased by the bears. Definitely a success. Here is a shot of most of the kids right after the performance finished:
My cute little campers:
Me and Matvey:
We had a tea break after the performance, which meant that the kids got to drink juice and eat so many sweets.
Sonya:
Lonya and I. You would think he was never happy, but he was probably smiling right before we took the picture.
Natasha, me, Nikita. They are brother and sister if you couldn't tell.
Me and Vlad:
Mosha and Alisa:
Me and Ildar:
Me and Sonya. She is very difficult to get a picture with due to her sassy personality.
Me and Ellya:
Me and Mosha:
Such a great night!
No comments:
Post a Comment