Look closely at this picture of Lonya:
You might think that he is counting for a game of hide and seek. You would be wrong. Maybe he is practicing child's pose for yoga? Also wrong. Sobbing his eyes out in the fetal position? Correct.
Now you are probably wondering why on earth I was busy taking a picture of this poor child crying instead of comforting him. Well, Lonya got a red card during class (meaning he disobeyed a lot of the rules a lot of times) so he did not get to choose a prize at the end of class. This was apparently the most devastating thing to happen since Pluto was demoted. Maybe worse. I don't know if he ever even knew Pluto used to be a planet. But anyways, it was upsetting to him.
He cried for at least 7 minutes after class was over. At first he cried sitting at the table, then every time I tried to help him move out the door, he would throw himself down in the fetal position on the floor and sob (as pictured). It was so dramatic that it became comical after 5 minutes or so, so I just had to snap a picture.
Man, kids are funny. Best thing is, the next day he did it all over again.
I think Lonya and I will be great friends by the end of our time together.
1 comment:
I love it when children throw themselves to the floor dramatically. I feel bad for laughing when they're sobbing, but how can you not be entertained? Your story reminded me of this video . . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ycoXiEDBZk
Post a Comment